ORACLE RAC 11G & 12C COMBO
Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) is a clustered version of Oracle Database based on a comprehensive high-availability stack that can be used as the foundation of a database cloud system as well as a shared infrastructure, ensuring high availability, scalability, and agility for any application.
- Clustered database deployments for high availability, performance, and agility
- Oracle’s premier shared disk database clustering technology
- Efficiently runs any packaged or custom application
- Choice of administrator-managed or policy-managed deployments
- Runs all database workloads
- Foundation for database clouds
- Scale out and scale up on-demand
- Highest availability for the database
- Flexible workload management
ORACLE RAC 11G & 12C COMBO SYLLABUS
Duration of Training: 10 weekends
Learn to install Linux with relevant packages.
1) Understand HDD partitioning
2) Primary Verses Extended Partitioning
3) Physical Volumes / Logical Volumes / Luns
Understanding RAID / Storages / DNS / DHCP / iscsi utilit
1) Different levels of Raid
2) Installation of configuration of DNS.
3) Installation and configuration of DHCP
4) tgtd and iscsi utilities
Configuring 11g Grid Infrastructure and 11g Rac Software
1) Install and configure two Node Rac Cluster with scan ip.
2) Install and Rac Database
11g Grid Infrastructure administration.
1) Day to Day administration of RAC cluster.
2) Understanding the Cluster Log Structure.
3) Basic troubleshooting and approaches
Learning crstl, srvctl utilities.
1) Using crsctl / srvctl utilities to install/monitor cluster components
Managing Voting Disks / OCR / OLR
1) Managing the voting disk / OCR / OLR.
2) How to take a Backup of OCR /OLR
3) Recovery scenarios
Node addition and Deletion in Clusterware
1) Add third and fourth node to the exiting cluster
2) Deleting Nodes from Cluster
3) Adding Database instances to Rac Database
ASM overview and architecture
1) Complete Overview of ASM
2) Understand the need of ASM
3) ASM instance parameters
Creating ASM Disk groups and ACFS filesystem
1) Creating Diskgroups and understanding disk Group Attributes
2) Configure an ACFS filesystem
3) Intelligent Data Placement
4) Monitoring / maintaining Disk groups
Converting non ASM database to ASM
1) Convert a Non-asm database to ASM using rman
Convert Single Node Database to RAC using dbca and rconfig utilities
1) Converting a non rac database to RAC database
Add and deleting Instances from RAC database
1) Adding and deleting Database instance from RAC database
1) Overview of GRD
2) Understanding the GCS and GES
3) Cache Fusion Scenarios
Overview of Services and Configuring services for Transparent Application fail overs
1) Understanding and configuration of Database services
2) Configuration of services for TAF
3) Tracing / logging Services
Patching Grid and RAC database
1) Different types of Patches
2) How to apply rolling patch to Clusterware and database
Setup symmetric and asymmetric data guard for RAC databases
1) Installing Symmetric physical standby with Data Guard Manager
2) Installing asymmetric physical standby with Data Guard
Upgrade 11g database to 12c Standard cluster
1) Steps to perform upgrade of 11g Cluster to 12c Cluster
2) Understanding Management DB
Installation of 12c Flex Cluster and Flex ASM
1) Installing 12c Flex Cluster with Flex ASM.
2) Understanding the difference between them
New Features of 12c Flex Clusters
1) What is flex cluster and its benefits
2) Convert Leaf Nodes to Hub Nodes
New Features Oracle 12c Multitenant database
1) Understanding multitenant architecture
2) Overviews of Pluggable databases
3) Convert 11g Db to 12c
Rman backup consideration for RAC databases
1) Rman Back and Recovery consideration for RAC database
Performance tuning on 12c RAC ( Reading AWR / ADDM / ASH )
1) How to read and interpret AWR / ADDM / ASH report
Training Duration: 8 weekends
Oracle RAC course done from Radical Technologies
Written by: Akshay Mane
Date Published: 12/02/2015
I have done RAC and Performance Tuning class of oracle DBA here under training of Paritosh Sule sir . It helped me a lot in my career. Paritosh sir has very vast experience of oracle DBA area. I would recommend to Join all Oracle DBA courses conducted by Radical Institute to improve your technical skills.
5 / 5 stars